Our podcast production services are increasingly being compared to automated, DIY services like BlogTalkRadio, FreeConferenceCall.com, and the former Gabcast. Let’s be clear, we are a professional podcast production studio and have no aspirations of being anything less. These companies are better suited to individuals and businesses interested in making a podcast on their own. Do-It-Yourself services have their place, but we provide our customers with a completely different level of service—a team approach. Our team will be with you from the beginning to the end of the podcast production process. This will improve the quality of the end product immeasurably, and here’s why.
Commitment to Quality
Our company believes in producing the best podcasts; this starts with the highest quality podcast recordings possible. Whether that be in the studio or over a telephone conference call, our recordings are always going to be top notch. Ok, you might be asking, “What makes you so special?” The single largest differentiator between us and our competitors is a commitment to quality.
Our equipment is designed to produce the best quality audio and video productions, but equipment hardly tells the whole story. In fact, podcasting equipment is only as good as the person using it. We’ve been recording and editing digital audio since 1996. We are first and foremost professionals in this field, and our experience is hard to beat.
One area we pride ourselves in is our telephone recording. All of the companies mentioned above automate their phone call recording service. That is, there is no one there to fine tune the settings for each individual podcaster. Again, while this one-size-fits-all method may have it’s place, we have a different view.
- Our recording levels are set by hand. There is no one-size-fits-all approach here.
- Phone call/line quality is checked and problems are troubleshooted.
- Pre-processing of the audio file is done by hand, not using any automation. Your recording will be precisely optimized for the internet or for CD.
- The beginning and ending are trimmed of any irrelevant material such as on-hold music.
- Professional audio editing is available.
- Audio file encoding and conversion are done to our exact specifications.
While telephone and conference call recording is only one aspect of our business, the above serves as a key reason why recordings made with DIY services may not be the way to go, especially if you are a business protecting the quality of your brand. Recordings made my DIY services typically sound inferior in many different ways:
- Volume levels are low or, alternatively, much too loud.
- Audio is heavily distorted because of number 1 above.
- Audio sounds unnatural because of an inferior encoding process.
- There is dead air at the beginning or end of the file.
- The end of the audio contains loud pops and clicks when you hung up the phone.
- Various drop-out and quality issues because of a poor VOIP connection.
Commitment to Service
The second reason we’re different from DIY services is our commitment to service. When we begin a project, our producer is with you hand-in-hand helping you decide which podcast production style is right for you. Once the style is decided upon, he/she will walk you through the entire recording and production process—from beginning to end. Whether that is to record a telephone interview with a content expert, produce a script for a professional voice-over, or discuss the best music to use for the introduction, we’re with you the entire time.
Commitment to Our Customer
We do not believe in producing expensive, extravagant podcasts when the situation calls for much less. Our commitment to you is that we will give you our honest advice based on the needs of your company, not ours. If your company is best served with a podcast production costing $100, we promise not to push you into producing the next version of Titanic—it’s that simple.
If you’d like more information on any of our audio and video production services, please contact us here. We’d love to help.
Leave A Comment